I attended a seminar on "Principles of Differential Relaying" yesterday at the Engineers Australia (Queensland Division) Hawken Auditorium presented by Patrick Arendse, Specialist Engineer Hydro Tasmania Consulting.
The Principles of Differential Relaying seminar covered topics on:
- The classification of differential protection systems
- Current balance differential systems
- Voltage balance differential systems
- High and low impedance scheme
- Setting/designing a high impedance scheme
- The restraint characteristic
- Testing the restraint characteristic
It was a very good introductory course for someone opting to go into Electrical Protection as a field of specialization.
I commend Mr. Arendse for the initiative, Hydro Tasmania and Engineers Australia - Queensland Division for the initiative.