Who Am I?
We provide safe, reliable and sustainable Energy Solutions
Summary of Qualifications
- Professional Registrations
- — Philippines: Professional Electrical Engineer (First Placer – April 1991)
— Australia: Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Professional Memberships
- — Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (Philippines) – Life Member No. 23633
— IEEE Member No. 90438137 - IEEE Power & Energy Society
- B.Sc (Eng) Electrical, 1983 - Saint Louis University
Baguio City, Philippines
- Specialist Courses
- — Hazardous Area Classification Certificate No. CT04248 (Australia)
→ UEENEEM015B Classify hazardous areas
→ UEENEEM016B Design electrical installations in hazardous areas
→ UEENEEM017B Design explosion-protected electrical system
In partial completion of UEE61207 - Advanced Diploma of Engineering - Explosion protection
- Training and Seminnars
- — ISO 9001:2015 - Understanding and Requirements Implementation
— Effective Risk Management
— Task Risk Assessment
- Concept definition, front-end engineering (FEED) and detail design engineering
- — Equipment specification, selection, procurement, installation and commissioning
— Power distribution, earthing, lighting and lightning protection design
- Procurement, project management and construction management
- — Purchase requisitions and technical bid evaluations
- Power System Design
- — Power system modelling(ETAP, SKM Power Tools, PowerCad)
— Electric Power Distribution for Industrial and Commercial Facilities
— Short-ciruit Calculation and Protection Coordination
— Calculations for equipment selection
— Earthing (grounding) and lightning protection
— Lighting design
- Commissioning, maintenance, estimating and construction
- — Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) estimating
- Hazardous area design and installation
- — Upstream and downstream oil & gas facilities, refineries and process plants
— Offshore platforms, floating production storage and offloading (FPSO)
— LNG pipelines, bulk water transmission pipeline
— Tunnel/underground facilities installations
- Water pumping stations, water treatment & sewage plants
Checking engineering calculations is a critical part of engineering design. Failure or insufficient checking are the reasons there are failures in designs. Always remember that the more calculations you do, the easier they become. However, this does not ensure that you are immune to mistakes. If you do something wrong once and it works, you'll likely make the same...
Technology advancement is a known fact. Hand held computers are now more powerful than the super computers 3-4 decades ago. Software technology have produced tools that provide a solution to a complex problem in a matter of seconds. These advancement in technology however makes the Engineer dumb caused by their reliance...
The constantly rising cost of electricity is increasing the popularity of Solar Panels mostly in residential areas. Despite the upward trend, however, there are still lots of reservations in the use of Solar Power. Most questions asked are not answered, if they are, the answers are not sufficient to convert a probable customer into installing a solar power...
Learn the basics
At this times where supercomputers could fit into a mobile phone and utility softwares are always available to do particular tasks, most Electrical Engineers tend to forget how to implement …Read more...
- Short Circuit Study
- What is a Short Circuit Study? A short circuit study calculates the short circuit capacity at designated locations within a...
- MVA Method Short Circuit Calculation
- A Short Circuit Study is an important tool in determining the ratings of electrical equipment to be installed...
- MVA Method Load Flow Calculation
- In previous tutorials for the MVA method, we have discussed the importance of Short Circuit Study, combining KVAs and...
- MVA Method for 3-Winding Transformer
- In previous tutorials, the examples provided were mostly for 2-winding transformers. In this tutorial, fault calculations for a 3-winding...
- Complex MVA Method – Part 3
- In Part 2, we have seen how to combine MVAs connected...
- Complex MVA Method – Part 1
- The normal MVA method, despite its simplicity, provides only an approximate solution to determine the fault levels in a...
- Complex MVA Method – Part 2
- After presenting the equations that we will be using for the Complex MVA Method in Complex MVA Method – Part 4
- In Part 1, Part 2, and Part...
- Short-circuit apparent power of the system
- When doing power systems study, it always the predicament of Electrical Engineers where to get the values of the...
- Combining KVAs
- KVAs in series. The total KVAs in series (KVAtotal) is the reciprocal sum or inverse sum of all series...
Cable Selection – Single Phase Earth Conductor Sizes Fault Loop Impedance High Voltage Cable Selection – UndergroundRead more...
- Cable Selection – Single Phase
- Note: This will be the first of a series of tutorials for the selection of cables. The objective of this...
- Fault Loop Impedance
- Note: This is the second part of a series of tutorials for cable selection. We have done cable selection based...
- Cables Selection for Motors
- When selecting a suitable cable size for a motor, there are more parameters to consider than when selecting cables...
- High Voltage Underground Cable Selection
- Unlike the other Cable Selection tutorials which deals with low voltage (LV) cables,...
- Earthing Conductor Sizes
- The following table lists the recommended minimum sizes of earthing conductors. Note: This serves only as a guide, calculations are...
- Arc Flash Hazards
- It's not too long ago that arc flash hazards has become an important part of electrical design. More clients...
- IEEE 1584 Arc Flash Calculations
- IEEE 1584 provides empirical formulas for determining arcing fault current, flash protection boundaries, and incident energy. The formulas are...
- Time-Current Curves Using Excel – Part 1
- In these articles, I have discussed the methodology on how to create time-current curves using excel.
- Time-Current Curves
- Discrimination & coordination using Time-Current Curves
- Time-Current Curve Part 2 – Discrimination
- In Part 1, I have discussed the basics of using excel in plotting time-current curves. In this tutorial,...
- Voltage Drop Calculation
- This article provides a guideline on the selection of electrical cables. Cable selection is an important part of electrical installation...