Who Am I?
We provide safe, reliable and sustainable Energy Solutions
Summary of Qualifications
- Professional Registrations
- — Philippines: Professional Electrical Engineer (First Placer – April 1991)
— Australia: Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ)
- Professional Memberships
- — Institute of Integrated Electrical Engineers (Philippines) – Life Member No. 23633
— IEEE Member No. 90438137 - IEEE Power & Energy Society
- B.Sc (Eng) Electrical, 1983 - Saint Louis University
Baguio City, Philippines
- Specialist Courses
- — Hazardous Area Classification Certificate No. CT04248 (Australia)
→ UEENEEM015B Classify hazardous areas
→ UEENEEM016B Design electrical installations in hazardous areas
→ UEENEEM017B Design explosion-protected electrical system
In partial completion of UEE61207 - Advanced Diploma of Engineering - Explosion protection
- Training and Seminnars
- — ISO 9001:2015 - Understanding and Requirements Implementation
— Effective Risk Management
— Task Risk Assessment
- Concept definition, front-end engineering (FEED) and detail design engineering
- — Equipment specification, selection, procurement, installation and commissioning
— Power distribution, earthing, lighting and lightning protection design
- Procurement, project management and construction management
- — Purchase requisitions and technical bid evaluations
- Power System Design
- — Power system modelling(ETAP, SKM Power Tools, PowerCad)
— Electric Power Distribution for Industrial and Commercial Facilities
— Short-ciruit Calculation and Protection Coordination
— Calculations for equipment selection
— Earthing (grounding) and lightning protection
— Lighting design
- Commissioning, maintenance, estimating and construction
- — Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) estimating
- Hazardous area design and installation
- — Upstream and downstream oil & gas facilities, refineries and process plants
— Offshore platforms, floating production storage and offloading (FPSO)
— LNG pipelines, bulk water transmission pipeline
— Tunnel/underground facilities installations
- Water pumping stations, water treatment & sewage plants
Learn the basics
At this times where supercomputers could fit into a mobile phone and utility softwares are always available to do particular tasks, most Electrical Engineers tend to forget how to implement …Read more...
- Short Circuit Study
- What is a Short Circuit Study? A short circuit study calculates the short circuit capacity at designated locations within a...
- MVA Method Short Circuit Calculation
- A Short Circuit Study is an important tool in determining the ratings of electrical equipment to be installed...
- MVA Method Load Flow Calculation
- In previous tutorials for the MVA method, we have discussed the importance of Short Circuit Study, combining KVAs and...
- MVA Method for 3-Winding Transformer
- In previous tutorials, the examples provided were mostly for 2-winding transformers. In this tutorial, fault calculations for a 3-winding...
- Complex MVA Method – Part 3
- In Part 2, we have seen how to combine MVAs connected...
- Complex MVA Method – Part 1
- The normal MVA method, despite its simplicity, provides only an approximate solution to determine the fault levels in a...
- Complex MVA Method – Part 2
- After presenting the equations that we will be using for the Complex MVA Method in Complex MVA Method – Part 4
- In Part 1, Part 2, and Part...
- Short-circuit apparent power of the system
- When doing power systems study, it always the predicament of Electrical Engineers where to get the values of the...
- Combining KVAs
- KVAs in series. The total KVAs in series (KVAtotal) is the reciprocal sum or inverse sum of all series...
Cable Selection – Single Phase Earth Conductor Sizes Fault Loop Impedance High Voltage Cable Selection – UndergroundRead more...
- Cable Selection – Single Phase
- Note: This will be the first of a series of tutorials for the selection of cables. The objective of this...
- Fault Loop Impedance
- Note: This is the second part of a series of tutorials for cable selection. We have done cable selection based...
- Cables Selection for Motors
- When selecting a suitable cable size for a motor, there are more parameters to consider than when selecting cables...
- High Voltage Underground Cable Selection
- Unlike the other Cable Selection tutorials which deals with low voltage (LV) cables,...
- Earthing Conductor Sizes
- The following table lists the recommended minimum sizes of earthing conductors. Note: This serves only as a guide, calculations are...
- Arc Flash Hazards
- It's not too long ago that arc flash hazards has become an important part of electrical design. More clients...
- IEEE 1584 Arc Flash Calculations
- IEEE 1584 provides empirical formulas for determining arcing fault current, flash protection boundaries, and incident energy. The formulas are...
- Time-Current Curves Using Excel – Part 1
- In these articles, I have discussed the methodology on how to create time-current curves using excel.
- Time-Current Curves
- Discrimination & coordination using Time-Current Curves
- Time-Current Curve Part 2 – Discrimination
- In Part 1, I have discussed the basics of using excel in plotting time-current curves. In this tutorial,...
- Voltage Drop Calculation
- This article provides a guideline on the selection of electrical cables. Cable selection is an important part of electrical installation...