Unlike the other Cable Selection tutorials which deals with low voltage (LV) cables, this tutorial deals with underground high voltage (HV) cables from 6.6 kV up to 33 kV.
Important: Cable data used in the worksheet are based on the Olex HV Cable Catalogue. Other manufacturers could be used by substituting the values in Sheets 2 and 3 (hidden).
Required parameters to be set (depending on your design requirements) are:
- VOLTAGE, i.e.33kV
- CABLE MATERIAL, i.e. Aluminium
- INSTALLATION METHOD, i.e. Direct Buried
- AMBIENT AIR TEMPERATURE, i.e. 20 °C
- AMBIENT SOIL TEMPERATURE, i.e. 10 °C
- DEPTH OF BURIAL, i.e. 0.8 m
- ALLOWABLE CABLE VOLTAGE DROP, i.e. 5%
- POWER FACTOR, i.e. 0.9
These are highlighted yellow on the worksheet
Please take time to read the Disclaimer before downloading.