Resilience is the ability to become strong, healthy, or successful again after something bad happens. It could also be defined as the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties.
At this difficult times when unemployment is on rise, resilience is the key to survival. The American Psychological Association has provided 10 ways to build resilience.
- Make connections
- Avoid seeing crises as insurmountable problems
- Accept that change is a part of living
- Move toward your goals
- Take decisive actions
- Look for opportunities for self discovery
- Nurture a positive view of yourself
- Keep things in perspective
- Maintain a hopeful outlook
- Take care of yourself
The complete list and explanations can be found on here.