A diesel tanker exploding is truly disturbing. Let us analyze possible reasons why this explosion occurred.
- I. What causes explosion?
- II. Properties of Diesel
- III. Environmental Factors
- IV. Human Factors
I. What causes explosion?
- Fuel or Explosive material
- Explosive material may any flammable or combustible material and could in the form of gas, vapor or mist, dust, or fibers. In this particular case, it is the diesel fuel.
- Oxygen or air
- There is an abundance of this outdoor.
- Source of Ignition
- The ignition source must have enough energy to ignite an explosive mixture.
The explosive material must have sufficient quantity, mixed with sufficient amount of oxygen and ignition by a source with sufficient energy to form an explosive mixture.